Scope of this Policy
Types of Information We Collect
Personal information refers to information that is connected to you, and may include things such as your email address, mailing address, mobile number, demographic information, billing and payment preferences, Product Comments, and photograph.
Shinco collects personal information when users voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect or receive information from you when you create an Account, submit your Content or Product comments, use or access Service or Content, or otherwise interact with us or other users of the Site. When you provide Shinco with your personal information such as phone number or e-mail address, we will use it only for the purpose for which it was provided and can be used to send you occasional marketing messages via email. You are free to opt-out of these marketing messages using the Unsubscribe link in our email messages. We do not sell, rent, trade, or barter customer information without prior permission.
In addition to personal information that we may receive from you, Stio may collect other information from users using the following technologies:
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small bits of information that the Site places on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the Site to make your visits to the Site more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit the Site. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of the Site may be lost. Certain Services provided by Stio, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
- Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that you select, or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web Server Logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you to a webpage. The web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
- Social Networking Sites. If you log into your Account through sign-in services (e.g., Facebook Connect), you provide Shinco with permission to access certain information about you from that social networking site, such as your Facebook user ID, user profile, friends list, and profile picture.
How We Use Your Information
Shinco’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with Content, Services, and Shinco’s Products that match your interests. Shinco may also use personal information about you for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To conduct research and analysis.
- To help diagnose problems with the Site, to administer the Site, and to enhance the Site for optimal user experience.
- To monitor the usage and performance of the Site, and to determine aggregate information about our users and usage patterns.
- To customize Content and Services that may be of interest to our users.
- To provide you with information about our Products.
- To facilitate Orders, product transactions, and process payments.
- To send users materials, updates, and information regarding the Site.
- To send you information about special events and promotions that we offer.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Site.
- To contact users for information verification purposes.
We may also participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie or a web beacon, to identify you on the Site so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on the Site, or on other web sites.
Sharing Your Information with Other Entities
Shinco may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Shinco). We may market to you on behalf of such third parties that would like to send you information about their products and services. For example, Shinco may offer a promotion in conjunction with a co-sponsor that may have special offers or services that might be of interest to our users. We may also extend special offers to you from the co-sponsor that may be of interest to you.
Shinco may disclose personal information to service providers for the purposes of operating our business; delivering, improving, and customizing our Content, Services, or Products; sending marketing communications, mail, or our catalog; payment processing; and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. For example, Shinco contracts with payment processing providers which may process sales and Orders that users make through the Site. Shinco contracts with service providers that collect information through our site using cookies. These service providers may combine such cookie information with information from other sources to determine if you would be interested in receiving marketing communications, mail, or our catalog. Additionally, Shinco participates in marketing cooperatives. As part of our participation in these marketing cooperatives, we may disclose your name and postal address (but not your email address or payment card information) so that other select reputable companies can mail you information about their products that may interest you. Personal information handled by service providers is subject to their terms and privacy policies. Please review the service provider’s terms and privacy policies to better understand how they manage your personal information.
There may also be instances when Shinco may disclose your personal information without providing you with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of Shinco, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors; to honor a request that you have made through the Site; to protect the safety and security of other users; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if Shinco sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, Shinco may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
The Site may offer you the ability to share your personal information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. By making personal information available on the Site, you “opt in” to allow Shinco to provide such personal information to a social networking site without your further consent. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
Data Security & Retention
Retention. Shinco will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or until you withdraw your consent. Shinco will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with Shinco’s business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Access & Choice
You may at any time:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional emails, direct mail, phone, and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Deactivate your account
- Request removal of information you post on our digital properties; in some cases, we may not be able to remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
- Follow the directions in a marketing email, direct mail, or mobile communication that you receive from us
- Provide your request and current contact information through one of the contact methods listed under “Contact Us” below
Please note: Even if we are able to anonymize or make your content or information no longer visible, this does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your content or personal information from the internet.
Notice to California Residents
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with Shinco are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the address listed below in the Section titled “Communications”.